Thursday, November 15, 2007

DU Storm


When my friend and fellow blogger Homeyra sent me this photo my first thought was that this was a dramatic photo of a natural event which occurs frequently in desert areas such as Iraq.

Then I took a trip to neufneuf where Agent 99 reminded me of something.

For the last 4 1/2 years, as well as during the Gulf War, we have been disposing of tons of radioactive waste in the form of Depleted Uranium all over the Iraqi countryside. Pulverized into minute particles upon penetrating tanks and the like, it is easily inhaled but remains in the lungs causing damage over time.

Also blamed for birth defects and other abnormalities, traces of it have been found on the wind as far away as Europe and other areas surrounding the Mideast.

So not only is that dust cloud obnoxious, it is

RADIOACTIVE!
STOP THE WAR
BAN DU

No comments:

Post a Comment